EFFECTIVE DATE: September 20, 2022
LAST REVIEWED: September 20, 2022
Accutherm, Inc. (the “Company”, “Accutherm” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.accuthermrefrigeration.com (our “Website”); interact with us by calling (800) 692-1228 (“our 800 number”); or utilize any of our proprietary internal practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- Through the phone via our 800 number.
- In e-mail, SMS messaging, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website and/or our 800 number.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information You Manually Provide
We collect information you provide directly via the Website and our 800 number. The information we collect includes information that identifies, relates to, describes, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly, or indirectly to you. The categories of information we collect may include the following:
- Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, postal address, email address, and telephone number.
- Content. We collect the content of messages you send to us, such as feedback and product reviews you may write, or questions and information you provide to customer support.
- Applicant Data. We collect data as necessary to consider you for a job opening or franchise opportunity if you submit an application to us, including your employment and education history, transcript, writing samples, and references.
We collect information you provide at various points throughout your interactions with us, such as the following:
- Email and Other Voluntary Communications. You may also choose to communicate with us through email, our Website, our 800 number or through other means. Such communications may be in connection with our customer service efforts, your questions, or for other purposes. We collect the information in these communications, and such information may include information that personally identifies you.
You may choose to voluntarily disclose other information when using our Website or interacting with our 800 number that we do not request, and, in such instances, you are solely responsible for such information.
Information Collected Automatically
When you visit our Website, we automatically collect information about your device and how your device interacts with our Website or our 800 number.
The categories of information we collect may include the following:
- Device Connectivity and Configuration Data. We collect data about the type of device you use, the operating system and browser you use, your internet service provider, your device’s regional and language settings, and other similar information. This data also includes IP address, MAC address, device advertising ID (e.g., IDFA or AAID), and other device identifiers.
- Location Data. We may collect data about your device’s location, which can be precise (e.g., latitude/longitude data) or imprecise (e.g., location derived from an IP address or data that indicates a city or postal code level). For example, we may collect precise location through the Website to direct your inquiries to the appropriate Accutherm Refrigeration representative.
- Log Files. A log file is a file that records events that occur in connection with your use of the Website, such as IP address, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamps, and related data.
- Cookies. Our servers, or the servers of Accutherm Refrigeration representative or other entities, may place a “cookie” on your device, store data in your device’s browser or access pre-existing removable tracking features on your device in order to allow you to use our Website and to personalize your experience. The information collected from cookies and browser storage may be used to improve the functionality of our Website, analyze your use of our Website, or to deliver advertising regarding Accutherm Refrigeration products and/or services to you.
- Local Storage. We use Local Storage, such as HTML5 storage, to store information related to whether the user has chosen to “Remain Logged In” as well as tokens if other services are used. We may partner with other entities to provide certain features on our Website or to display advertising based upon your web browsing activity use Local Storage such as HTML 5 storage to collect and store information.
- Location-Identifying Technologies. GPS (global positioning systems) software, geo-filtering, and other location-aware technologies may locate (sometimes precisely) you for purposes such as verifying your location and delivering or restricting relevant content based on your geographic location.
We may incorporate tracking technologies into our emails, our Website, our 800 number as well as into our advertisements. Some of these tracking technologies may track your activities across time and services for purposes of associating the different devices you use and delivering relevant ads and/or other content to you.
Information Collected from Representatives and Other Sources
We also may obtain information about you from other sources and may combine such information with information we have collected about you. The categories of other sources from which we may collect include the following:
- Social Networks. Social Networks when you reference our service or grant permission to Accutherm Refrigeration to access your data on one or more of these services.
- Publicly-Available Sources. Publicly-Available Sources such as data in the public domain.
We are not responsible for the accuracy of any information provided by other sources or the data practices of other sources.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the information.
- operating and managing our Website and providing you with products, services, and Promotions, opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users’ accounts;
- performing services requested by you, such as responding to your comments and requests, processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
- improving our Website, 800 number, advertisements, products, Promotions and services;
- sending you promotional newsletters, offers, advertisements and marketing communications and other information about Accutherm Refrigeration;
Notwithstanding the above, we may use information that does not identify you (including aggregate information or information that has been de-identified) without obligation to you except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we use your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
- Service Providers. Accutherm Refrigeration shares information with entities that help us with maintaining and operating our Website, 800 number, payment processing, data analytics, marketing and advertising, and other business purposes.
- Promotions. Our Promotions may be jointly sponsored or offered by other entities. If you voluntarily choose to enter a Promotion, we share information as set out in the official rules that govern the Promotion as well as for administrative purposes and as required by law (e.g., on a winners list). By entering a Promotion, you agree to the official rules that govern that Promotion, and may, except where prohibited by applicable law, allow the sponsor and/or other entities to use your name, voice and/or likeness in advertising or marketing materials.
- Security and Compelled Disclosure. Accutherm Refrigeration must disclose information about you in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements. We may also share information about you to defend the Terms and Conditions or other policies applicable to our Website and our 800 number, or if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies.
- Facilitating Requests. We share information at your request or direction, such as when you choose to share information with a social network about your activities on our Website.
- Consent. We may share your information with notice and as required by applicable law, with your consent.
Notwithstanding the above, Accutherm Refrigeration may disclose aggregated or de-identified information for any purpose except as prohibited by applicable law. For information on your rights and choices regarding how we share your information, please see the section entitled “Your Rights and Choices” below.
EXTERNAL LINKS, APPLICATIONS AND DEVICES
Our Website may contain links to other websites or may be available through devices not maintained or related to Accutherm Refrigeration. These links and devices are not sponsored by or affiliated with our Website or Accutherm Refrigeration. We have not reviewed any of the websites hyper-linked to or from our Website and have not reviewed any of the devices through which our Website or 800 number may be available and are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites, applications or devices not maintained by Accutherm Refrigeration. Such links and devices are accessed and used at the user’s own risk.
SOCIAL MEDIA FEATURES
Our Website may include social media features. These social media features may use tracking technologies to collect information about you, such as your IP address, and which page you are visiting on our Website, and may set a cookie to enable the social media feature to function properly. If you use social media features, information you post or provide access to may be publicly displayed on our Website or by the social network you use which is a separate entity. Similarly, if you post information on a social network that references our Website (e.g., by using a hashtag associated with Accutherm Refrigeration in a tweet or status update), your post may be used on or in connection with our Website.
ANALYTICS, ADVERTISING, AND RETARGETING
YOUR RIGHTS AND CHOICES
Review and Update of Account Information
You have the right to access certain account information that you have voluntarily submitted to us through the Website. You may correct, update, amend, delete, or remove that information by making the change within your Accutherm Refrigeration online account or contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. We may require additional information from you to allow us to confirm your identity. Please note that we will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. California Residents have additional rights as set forth in the section entitled “Additional Disclosures for California Residents” below.
Tracking Technologies Generally
Most web browsers (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, and Apple Safari) accept cookies by default. You can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to decline or delete cookies. If you use multiple browsers on your device, you will need to instruct each browser separately. Your ability to limit cookies is subject to your browser settings and limitations.
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to online services you visit. Note, however, that there is no industry consensus as to what website and application operators should do with regard to these signals. Accordingly, unless and until the law is interpreted to require us to do so, Accutherm Refrigeration does not respond to “Do Not Track” signals or other mechanisms. For more information on “Do Not Track,” please visit the Future of Privacy Forum.
Please be aware, if you disable cookies or other device tracking features you may not be able to use certain functions of our Website.
Analytics and Advertising
- Click Here to view the Google Analytics Opt Out Choice.
- Click Here to view the Adobe Analytics Opt Out Choice.
You may also exercise choice regarding the receipt of interest-based advertising. Some of the advertisers and technology companies that perform advertising-related services for us and our partners may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”). Click here to visit the NAI website and to learn more about your opt-out options for interest-based advertising. Some of these companies may also participate in the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Program for Online Behavioral Advertising. To learn more about the DAA and opt-out options for their members, please click here for website opt out and/or click here for mobile application opt out.
In order to provide service to you, we may send you communications related to your transactions, security, or the administration of our Website. From time to time, Accutherm Refrigeration may also send you other messages or updates about our Website, Accutherm Refrigeration, or our Promotions and other activities. If you do not wish to receive promotional communications from Accutherm Refrigeration, you can opt out at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or by contacting us as set forth in the section entitled “Contact Us” below. Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account, servicing, or our ongoing business relations.
We are based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. If you are accessing our Website from outside of the U.S., please be aware that information collected through our Website may be transferred to, processed, stored, and
Our Website is directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 18 or older. Accutherm Refrigeration will not approve applications of or establish or maintain registrations for any child whom Accutherm Refrigeration knows to be under the age of 13.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Accutherm Refrigeration reserves the right to modify or supplement this policy at any time. If a material change to the terms of this policy is made, Accutherm Refrigeration will post a notice prior to the change becoming effective on its homepage and a link to the new policy. Your continued use of our Website or 800 number following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Via Website: https://www.accuthermrefrigeration.com/#contact
Via Email: [email protected]
Via Regular Mail: Accutherm Refrigeration, Inc. Attn: Compliance Department 11264 Monarch Street, Suite A Garden Grove, CA 92841
Contact Us Anytime
Or, if you prefer, use the ﬁeld below to email Accutherm and weʼll contact you.